Join the Walker Agency Inc. team.
An environment that fosters growth.
A company is only as good as the people behind it. We are always interested in meeting talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business—delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
We recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
Formed in 1939, Walker Agency Inc. is an independent insurance agency that has spanned over four generations with two locations in Berlin and Montello, WI. We are a multi-line agency offering personal insurance, business insurance and employee benefits, with our specialties in farm insurance, home insurance, auto insurance, umbrella insurance, life insurance, contractor insurance and restaurant insurance. We provide insurance solutions throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Walker Agency is looking to add a Licensed Insurance Agent focusing on Life and Health, and Personal Lines to our Berlin Office. Individual must be reliable, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have strong customer relation and communication skills. This position requires someone who is able to take initiative and work independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
About the position:
- Full-time, 40 hours/week (8-5 Monday – Friday)
- This is strictly an in-person position
- Located in Berlin, WI
- Greet visitors in a courteous and professional manner, both on the phone and in person
- Maintain knowledge of carriers’ coverage and products available
- Consistently maintain accurate electronic files in our agency management system
- Assist all existing and potential agency clients’ needs via phone and email in a prompt and friendly manner
- Review and make recommendations to clients with appropriate coverage and/or most competitive pricing
- Educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures
- Navigate multiple carrier products, portals, and quoting systems
- Correctly interpret and analyze insurance policies, cancellations, reinstatements, endorsements, reports, and other insurance-related documents
- Assist with other various administrative tasks
- Must hold or willing to obtain a Property & Casualty License
- Must hold or willing to obtain a Life and Health License
- Ability to commute to our office in Berlin, WI
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-4 years customer service experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Friendly and welcoming personality
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is required
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.